Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Roasted Red Pepper and Herb Spread
Roasted Red Pepper and Herb Spread
from Jill Kramer, and I got it from Wendi (Dancin Queen) Thanks Wendi!!
So delicious! I will definitely be making this one again and again!

Ingredients:
1 medium red pepper (roast according to directions below)
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup milk (I substituted Mayo)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
1 small garlic clove, coarsely chopped (I roasted mine along with the red pepper)
1/2 c. loosely packed fresh parsely leaves, chopped
1/4 cup snipped chives or green onion
1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves (didn't have any, so I'm calling it optional)



Preparation:
1. To roast pepper: Preheat broiler. Place pepper on rack under broiler 5 to 6 inches from source of heat and broil pepper until it's blackened and blistered, about 6 to 8 minutes. Place pepper in a paper bag until cool enough to handle, about 10 minutes. Then peel and chop as normal.

2. To prepare dip: In food processor with knife blade attached, blend roasted pepper with cream cheese, milk, salt, pepper, and garlic until smooth. Transfer mixture to medium bowl, stuil in parsley, chives, and thyme. Cover and refrigerate if not serving right away. (I didn't follow directions. I softened my cream cheese then stirred everything else in with a fork. So I have a chunkier / whiter version.
Serve with baguette slices toasted and butter, or crackers! Oooh, I want it on a bagel too!


Destined to become a favorite!
Posted by Picasa

Labels:

 
posted by SuperCoolMom at 7:22 PM | Permalink |


3 Comments: