Thursday, September 25, 2008
DANGEROUS CHOCOLATE CAKE-IN-A-MUG***

From My sister, Vicki - Wouldn't this be a great teacher gift!?! What a fun treat to send the dry stuff tied to the handle of the mug in a cute baggy, and have the other stuff in a separate bag inside the mug (or all in separate little containers in a basket. I would have loved that when I was teaching! Hello LUNCH!!!

1 coffee mug
4 Tbsp. cake flour (plain, not self-rising)
4 Tbsp. sugar
2 Tbsp. cocoa
1 egg
3 Tbsp. milk
3 Tbsp. oil
Small splash of vanilla
3 Tbsp. chocolate chips, optional

Add dry ingredients to mug, mix well with a fork. Add egg, mix thoroughly. Pour in milk and oil and vanilla, mix well. Add chips, if using. Put mug in microwave, and cook for three minutes on 1000 watts. Cake will rise over top of mug--do not be alarmed!Allow to cool a little; tip onto a plate if desired. Eat!

(This can serve two if you want to feel slightly more virtuous.)

***And WHY is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world?

Because now we are all only five minutes away from chocolate cake any time of the day or night!!!***
* Edit * Ok. I tried it. Hmmm, not the best cake I've ever eaten: a little rubbery (perhaps because it was microwaved) and pretty chocolatey. However, I think the goal of it is being accomplished. What we ask of it is a quick chocolatey-baked-good fix. There was nothing wrong with it that a scoop of ice cream and a little hot fudge couldn't fix! I think the recipe needs some tweaking, so I will make the sacrifice and try again tomorrow. I'll let you all know how it goes. (Definitely enough for two.)

Labels: , ,

 
posted by SuperCoolMom at 3:14 PM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At September 28, 2008 at 7:21 PM, Blogger carrhop

    Looks fantastic! Gonna have to give this one a try!

    I had to laugh as I read your profile--I have 8 kids, ranging in age from 1 to 18. When I need to escape 'my reality of blessings' (love that), it's with a good book and a hot bath--and I also hope to finish my phD in psychology one of these days!

    Blessings!

     
  • At October 3, 2008 at 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Mmm, that looks good and a neat gift to give:)
    Definately dangerous:)

     
  • At October 22, 2008 at 1:45 PM, Blogger Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands

    I got this recipe from a friend a month or so ago--I found it works a little better in a bowl than a mug. Just the right size for DH and I to enjoy together.