Sunday, August 24, 2008
Grandma Christensen's Lemon Pie

Lemon Filling:

Place all together in a saucepan, cook on medium, stirring constantly until it boils and thickens.

1 1/4 c. cold water
4 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 Tbsp. butter
1 c. sugar
3 Tbsp. cornstarch
3 egg yolks
pinch of salt
rind of 1 lemon

Let cool. Pour into cooked pie shells. Top with meringue.

Meringue:
3 egg whites
1 tsp. lemon juice
6 Tbsp. sugar

Beat until stiff. Bake at 350 degrees until golden.

Makes one 9", regular thickness (not deep dish), pie.

Labels: ,

 
posted by SuperCoolMom at 2:41 AM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


  • At August 28, 2008 at 4:31 PM, Blogger Lori

    Love card swaps too, I just signed up for one lookes like I will be making up to 10 cards at at time to swap. BTW... check back I have new cards I will be posting Friday. I have had a creative bug, love it.
    Thanks for visiting my blog, your's is making me hungry for supper!
    Keep smilin!
    Lori