Monday, April 14, 2008
Homemade Salsa
"Ok, so this one is pretty healthy, since it is full of a lot of fresh vegtables. This is my Uncle Randy's recipe and I made the mistake of making it when we were first married and now David refuses to eat salsa out of a jar. But I can't blame him. And luckily it's a REALLY easy recipe so I make it pretty often."
- Kylie


1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
1 (4 oz) can chopped green chilies
2 chili peppers (optional-- I have NEVER used these)
1 bunch of green onions chopped (about 5 green onions) -- I usually just take kitchen scissors and cut them right over the blender
20 leaves fresh cilantro (just the leaves, the stems make it bitter)
1 tsp chopped garlic (I just use the garlic that already comes minced in jars)
1 tsp dried oregeno leaves
2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
juice of 1/2 lime (I usually end up just squeezing the whole lime in)
Add all ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse until it is finely chopped

Labels: ,

 
posted by SuperCoolMom at 9:35 AM | Permalink |


2 Comments: