Tuesday, March 4, 2008
Tell Me, tell me...What do you feed your baby?
I've been wondering what other people feed their babies? My one year old with all of 8 teeth must be getting tired of her diet. Of course, when we're eating at the dinner table, I try to give her some of what I'm eating. However, during the day, I like to give her finger foods that she can feed herself. Thus, most of what she eats is in the form of cubes, cut by my pizza cutter (pancakes, omlets, etc.).

My other standby is carrots and peas, from the bag of frozen veggies that I keep in the freezer. At least once a day I pour a couple of tablespoons into a bowl, microwave them for a minute, let them cool, and she gets to snack.

Okay, I'll admit it...I have made my own baby food, but that's a pain in the rear. I've microwaved sweet potatoes, etc., put them in the blender, and then spread them into my silicone ice cube tray. Then I froze them, and just warm them in the micro when I need them. However, she's outgrowing that blender food now, and she's bored with it all.

This morning she's having cubes of leftover quiche. Yesterday she had Yogurt, Instant Oatmeal, Cheerios, Crackers, Tropical fruit chunks, Carrots & Peas, and Quiche. Along with some of whatever I ate.

So, I've enabled comments, and I really want some ideas...
What do you feed your baby?

Labels:

 
posted by SuperCoolMom at 8:07 AM | Permalink |


5 Comments:


  • At March 5, 2008 at 7:29 AM, Blogger Chrissy,

    Hi, sound like you are doing a great job. I remember one of my girls loved chilli. Yes, So wierd but she loved it! If you make it mild and everything in it is pretty soft. I remember opening cans of soup with toast for lunch sometimes or make quesadillas and cut them in small pieces. French toast is good for breakfast with bananas. I can tell at a glance your a good cook so you probrably eat better than me everyday of the week your baby is lucky!

     
  • At March 5, 2008 at 12:16 PM, Blogger Desiree

    Yeah for you. I got some great ideas off of you, thanks. Luke really likes chopped up avocado, shredded and chopped chicken, vanilla yogurt (not a finger food oops),chopped bananas and chopped pears.

     
  • At March 6, 2008 at 2:48 PM, Blogger Melissa

    You sound like you are doing a great job with her variety. I just give Tessa pretty much what I eat, but for finger foods my other kids always liked different kinds of canned beans (black, kidney, navy etc) I just rinsed them in hot water to hopefully wash off some of the salt and warm them up a bit and they would snack on them. Also, they really liked green beans that way. Avocado is always a favorite too. It's hard when they are so little to come up with things they can feed themselves.

     
  • At March 16, 2008 at 9:38 PM, Blogger Michelle

    My boys have always had tons of teeth by this age and are not picky eaters. So I give them whatever. For snacks, frozen peas, raisins, grapes, cheese, crackers, etc. I'm into food that don't make messes!

     
  • At August 22, 2008 at 8:46 PM, Blogger Lori

    My daugher loves grilled cheese I cut it in half once and then into strips and it's gone! Take soft shell tortilla's put in warm skillet add pizza sauce and cheese heat till melted and cut into small triangles my kids love these.
    Homemade trail mix is great for snacks and on the go treats. For breakfast my kids love scrambled eggs with rice, add any meat with it that you want. Give this a try, in a skillet cut thin slices of SPAM, dip in soy sauce then brown each side in pan. Once heated dice it up and serve with the eggs and rice. Spam, eggs and rice is a local hawaiian favorite and I went to high school there so that's where that one came from. Try it and serve with fresh pineapple make it fun and call it your Hawaiian Buffet.I don't do SPAM cold but cooked with the little bit of soy sauce for flavor is really tasty!