Tuesday, January 1, 2008
Fruit Cake

I admit it, I love Fruit Cake! Somewhere along the line in my childhood, I learned to love fruit cake. Probably from the year that my mom made dozens and took them to all the neighbors when I was around 8. I try to make one every year. This year I ate about half of it myself. Porter (3) would see me eating something good and beg for a bite, so I'd give him one. Everytime he would make a face and spit it in the trash! After 5 or 6 times, he started looking closer at what I was eating and he quit asking me for a bite. LOL!


Here's my favorite recipe, straight off the None Such Mincemeat Jar - anything else and you're just wasting money and taking your chances, as far as I'm concerned.


2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1 tsp baking soda

2 eggs, slightly beaten

1 (27 oz) jar NoneSuch ready-to-use Mincemeat

1 (14 oz) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk (not evaporated milk)

2 cups (1 pound) mixed candied fruit

1 cup coarsly chopped nuts


Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10 inch bundt pan. Combine flour and baking soda, set aside. In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients; blend in dry ingredients. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 1 hour and 45 to 50 minutes (that's almost 2 hours!) or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes. Turn out of pan. Garnish as desired.

Labels: , ,

 
posted by Supercool Mom at 9:31 PM | Permalink |


1 Comments: